Information on the processing of personal data
Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”), we hereby inform you of the following:
DATA MANAGER In connection with the services we provide and for other purposes as listed in point 3 below, the administrator of your personal data is WOOD & Company Financial Services, a.s., ID number: 26503808, with registered office in Prague, náměstí Republiky 1079/1a, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic, hereinafter referred to as “we” or “WOOD & Company”. Contact details can be found at https://wood-re.com/contact/
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
WOOD & Company may process the following categories of your personal data:
- identification data: first name (s), surname, position, business name, IP address;
- contact details: registered office, telephone number, e-mail address, correspondence address;
- data related to your habits and preferences: data related to your interests in our products and services, and their use;
- data from our mutual communication: data obtained through our websites, our apps, our social media, meetings, telephone calls, chats, e-mails, interviews (“personal data”).
PURPOSE AND LEGAL REASONS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
WOOD & Company may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- performance of contracts,
- communication, and implementation of pre-contractual measures;
- records of transactions arising from contracts and requests;
- marketing activities in connection with services provided by WOOD & Company, in particular with regard to products or services that meet your needs;
- receiving and reviewing your complaints/comments about WOOD & Company and responding thereto;
- compliance with the obligations imposed on data controllers by generally applicable law;
- sharing your personal data within the WOOD & Company group for internal administrative purposes in accordance with the principle of necessary knowledge, which allows us to respond appropriately to your requirements and avoid unnecessary duplication of activities.
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Article 6 (2). 1 letter a), letter b), letter c) and/or f) of GDPR. Within the meaning of Article 6 (1) 1 letter f) of GDPR, we understand legitimate interests to constitute direct marketing and the necessary sharing of personal data within the WOOD & Company group. We will not process data for purposes that are inconsistent with the objectives described above, unless such processing is required by law or WOOD & Company is authorized to process such data.
If you provide your identification (name) and contact information (e-mail, telephone) in the contact form on our website, we will process this information on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 (b), as the processing thereof is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures; i.e. based on your request for our services, we will contact you via the form to agree a potential contract. In the event that a contract is not concluded, your data will be kept for a maximum of one month from the moment of cooperation rejection.
PERSONAL DATA SHARING
For the purposes set out in this document and below, WOOD & Company may provide your personal information to third parties:
- to entities and bodies to which we are obliged or entitled to provide personal data in order to meet the above objectives and meet legal obligations;
- companies or persons with whom WOOD & Company cooperates and to which it has entrusted specific activities (“data processor”). These entities may be, for example, IT companies which, under appropriate contracts, will be required to apply appropriate security, technical and organizational measures to protect personal data and to process such data exclusively in accordance with WOOD & Company guidelines;
- companies within the group and affiliates of WOOD & Company.
PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
When transferring personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to the United States or another third country where personal data protection is not considered sufficient by the European Commission, we will use standard contractual provisions approved by the European Commission and other appropriate solutions for the cross-border transfers of personal data. as required or permitted by Articles 46 and 49 of the GDPR.
THE PERIOD FOR WHICH WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
WOOD & Company and/or the processor will store personal data for the time necessary for the purposes set out in point 3 of this information for purposes related to the provisions of generally applicable law and for the purposes of protecting the rights of WOOD & Company.
The storage period of personal data for specific purposes is listed below:
- When performing contracts, the storage period will be 10 years from contract conclusion;
- In the case of communication and implementation of measures taken before contract conclusion, the storage period will end with contract conclusion or, if the contract is not finally concluded, 2 years from the end of the communication or measure, except for data processing via the contact form;
- For the registration of transactions arising from contracts and requests, the storage period will be 10 years from the conclusion of the contract or from the execution of the request;
- For marketing activities in connection with the services provided by WOOD & Company, especially for the offer of products or services that meet your needs, the storage period will be 3 years from the termination of the legal relationship on the basis of which we carry out marketing activities;
- There will be a 10-year filing period for receiving and reviewing your WOOD & Company complaints and receiving them;
- In fulfilling the obligations imposed on data controllers by generally applicable law, the storage period will be in accordance with that law;
- When sharing your personal data within the WOOD & Company group for internal administrative purposes in accordance with the principle of necessary knowledge, which will allow us to respond appropriately to your requirements and avoid unnecessary duplication of activities, storage time will depend on the primary purpose for which personal data is processed.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
In connection with the protection of personal data, you have the following rights, depending on the reason for which we process your personal data:
- right of access to your personal data: the data subject has the right to receive information from WOOD & Company whether personal data is being processed and, if so, has the right to access such data. At your request, WOOD & Company will provide a copy of your personal data that we process to you. WOOD & Company may charge a reasonable fee for any additional copies you request.
- the right to correct your personal data: you have the right to correct your incorrect personal data. Depending on the purpose of the processing of personal data, you have the right to request their supplementation, including the submission of additional statements.
- the right to delete your personal data (“right to be forgotten”): you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if circumstances arise under the law, and WOOD & Company is obliged to delete such personal data without delay.
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data: in such case, at your request WOOD & Company will specify this personal data and its processing will only be possible for specific purposes.
- right to data transferability: you have the right to receive your personal data provided by WOOD & Company in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format under certain circumstances), and you also have the right to transfer this data to another entity without WOOD & Company’s intervention.
- The right to object to the further processing of your personal data: in certain circumstances you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for specific reasons, and WOOD & Company may be obliged to stop processing your personal data.
the right to file a complaint against WOOD & Company’s processing of personal data directly to the Office for Personal Data Protection with registered office at Hraničnej 12, 820 07, Bratislava 27, Slovak Republic.
- if the processing of personal data infringes the provisions of the GDPR.
- right to withdraw consent: if certain processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time in the same way as it was granted or via the email address of our data protection officer as referred to in point 10.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may obtain your personal data from (i) you or your legal representative or agent (if you have submitted a power of attorney to us), (ii) a business entity of which you are the agent or beneficial owner, (iii) the parties to a contract concluded with WOOD & Company or another company within the group or an associate, and/or (iv) from generally available sources, in particular from various databases and registers.
PERSONAL DATA REQUIREMENT
WOOD & Company needs your personal data in order to provide our services or to carry out the activities listed in point 3 of this information.
We would like to inform you about the right to update this information regularly in accordance with the applicable legal regulations (e.g. when introducing new systems or processes related to the use of personal data). If this happens, we will inform you of changes made accordingly.
In the case of questions regarding the processing of your personal data or your right to privacy, we will
please contact our Privacy Officer (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).